When the muzzle of your dog begins to turn grey, you may start wondering how you can help her live longer. Like puppies, the senior dog requires special nutritional needs. At this point, the dog has low energy levels and is suspensible to diseases such as heart conditions. Thus, the food you give your dog must have low fat, high protein, low sodium and high fibre content. It should prevent obesity as obesity results in heart diseases, diabetes and arthritis. In other words, it should help your dog fight and prevent age-related diseases.
Since the muscles of your dog are wasting, it requires high quality protein in its diet. The effects of feeding your dog with defective foods get worse with time. Too little of a type of nutrients and a lot of another may severely affect your dog’s health. Unknowingly feeding your dogs with toxins could magnify its health issues. Thus you must feed your dog with a tested and trusted meal such as the Nutro ultra senior dog food.
- Contains One (1) 30 Lb. Bag Of Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Dog Food With A Trio Of Proteins From Chicken, Lamb And Salmon (New Look, Same Product – Packaging May Vary)
- Features Trio Of Protein From Chicken, Lamb, And Salmon—Chicken Is The #1 Ingredient—Specially Formulated For Senior Dogs
- Our Premium Dog Food Kibble Is Made With High-Quality Ingredients And Provides Complete And Balanced Nutrition For Senior Dogs In Every Bowl
- Nutro Ultra Dry Dog Food Is Made With High-Quality Protein And Our Blend Of 15 Vibrant Superfoods, Like Coconut, Chia, Kale, Blueberries, And Other Quality Ingredients
- Made With No Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Soy, Or Wheat, And No Artificial Flavors, Colors, Or Preservatives
The topmost ingredients of the Nutro ultra senior dog food are farm-raised chicken. It enriches the meal with a sweet natural flavour that will help boost your dog’s appetite. Also, it provides the food with the necessary proteins for strong lean muscles. The chicken meal also enriches the senior dog food. It is a meat concentrate that has about 300% more proteins than what fresh chicken provides.
The senior dog food is rich in carbohydrates from whole brown rice. It provides your dog with the necessary energy boost it needs for daily activities. Besides it is easy to break down and digest. Another source of carbohydrates is brewers rice. It is a by-product of milling your whole rice. It gives your dog vital caloric energy for its daily activities.
Rice-bran is another by-product after the milling of whole rice. It is the outer layer of the rice. Thus, it is rich in dietary fibre and vital nutrients such as minerals starch and vitamins. Fibre is essential in ensuring your dog has a healthy digestive system.
Lamb meal is another protein-rich ingredient of the senior dog food. It is a meat concentrate which crucial to your dog as no food could provide more proteins than the whole meat. The lamb meal offers quality grade meat meal which offers high protein level to your dog. It helps to regenerate new muscle as ageing lead to the wasting of your dog’s muscles.
Chicken fat is another ingredient of the Nutro ultra senior dog food. You may be wondering how they obtain chicken fat. Well, the process of making chicken fat is rendering. It is similar to the preparation of chicken soup only that you intentionally overcook it. Chicken fat is the layer on top of the liquid which the manufacturers skim. To you, the process is a bit disgusting. However, to your dog, this is very tasty and nutritious. It is rich in omega 6, which is vital for proper brain functioning.
Another ingredient of the senior dog food is the salmon meal. It consists of undecomposed fish cutting or whole fish. Nutro ultra fish is then cleaned, dried in the sun and grounded. It is rich in proteins as it is a meat concentrate.
Nutro ultra senior dog food utilizes the natural flavour of sunflower. It is rich in omega 6 fatty acids which is essential for a healthy cardiovascular system. Another essential ingredient is oatmeal. It is rich in dietary fibre and B-vitamin. Besides, it is gluten-free hence reduces the chances of increasing your dog’s weight.
Another ingredient is flaxseed. It is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids. Besides, it has high soluble fibres and 19% protein content. Pea protein is another protein-rich vegetable added in the senior dog meal. The carbohydrates part of the pea gets extracted so that the protein-rich part remains. It is now the ingredients in the manufacture of Nutro ultra senior dog food.
For it to aid in gut health, Nutro ultra enriches the senior dog food with selenium yeast. It is a natural yeast that supplies the gut with good bacteria. The meal is rich in fibre which it obtains from ingredients such as chia seeds, beet pulp and tomato pomace. Chia seeds have high omega three nutrients and plant protein of about 17%.
Tomato pomace is the by-product of the manufacture of tomato juice, ketchup and soup. It is rich in dietary fibre which is necessary for a bowel movement. Beet pulp, on the other hand, is a by-product of the processing of sugar beet. It assists in the regulation of blood sugars and ensures good intestinal health.
- It provides lean meat from salmon, farm-raised chicken and pasture-fed lamb. The high protein content and the abundant amino acids ensure your dog has strong lean muscles. Also, dietary fibres boost a healthy digestive system and enhance absorption.
- It provides the right protein, vitamins and carbs ratios. As a result of ageing, your dog’s joints and immune system may become weak. Nutritious foods ensure lustrous coat, strong bones and a healthy immune system.
- The meal is rich in chondroitin and glucosamine. The nutrients are the primary components of healthy joints and cartilage.
- Nutro ultra senior dog food has no preservatives, artificial flavours and colours. It is a high quality product, tested and approved. It guarantees quality and safe product.
- The ingredients of senior dog food are tailor-made. The components are natural products from the farm. It is a blend of 15 superfoods such as whole grains, fruits, animal protein and seeds. Which ensures your dog’s health thrives.
The Safety Food Certification Programme certified Nutro ultra in the production of pet food formulas. The organization sets to check if companies meet the required standard. The Food and Drug Administration inspected all Nutro ultra company facilities. It confirmed that the company complied to hygiene and proper manufacturing techniques. The senior dog food meets all the nutritional requirements set by the AAFCO.
The product has an average of 4.4 stars out of 5. Below are some of the reviews.
My pet has been a poor feeder. The reviews of this product motivated me to go and get some for my dog. It amazed me how well the pet fed. I wish I knew about it earlier. The kibbles are easy to crush hence perfect for my dog’s weak teeth.
My dog used to show allergic symptoms to the previous meal I used to buy. The puppy would scratch so much and get watery eyes after mealtime. With this meal, however, my puppy shows no allergic reactions.
I am impressed with this food. Our pantry no longer has a lingering fish smell after opening the dog food. If this is not a testament to the high quality senior dog food, I don’t know what else could show.
Our GSD is about 14 and has cancer. The seven months of chemotherapy made him to completely loose is appetite. Also, he had trouble chowing down his food. However, I think this meal has done him great favour. His appetite is back; he eats better without any diarrhoea.
As your dog ages, its nutritional needs becomes a crucial subject that needs to be in check. Your dog is becoming more susceptible to diseases and is growing weaker. Premium quality food such as Nutro ultra senior dog will ensure your dog ages gracefully. It will also live longer.